Re: implicit previous command, only state what should change

Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The bit you quote is a reference to the details of
> the patch, which you can ignore unless you're
> particularly interested in the implementation.
>
> What I should have said but didn't was, here's a new
> function called replace-argument that does that.
> That was in the body of the patch, but unless you're
> programmed to look at zsh code patches when a new
> message arrives you wouldn't notice.

Aha, yes, now I see it. I have configured Gnus to
auto-fill messages, which works great for text, but
scrambles code, so I didn't see it (it looks like a PGP
key or something).

Are you suggesting I apply it to the zsh source and
recompile?

If so, how do I use it after that (i.e., what
notation)?

When I upgrade zsh, wont it disappear?

> I'll commit it when I have a couple of minutes spare.

You mean to the official zsh source or do you have your
own branch?

/The hairdresser

--
underground experts united