Re: zsh 5.0.5-dev-2

On Aug 18, 10:56am, Han Pingtian wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh 5.0.5-dev-2
}
} On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 10:30:30AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >
} > I suspect Fortify is reporting a potential error rather than a real
} > one, because we'd presumably have seen other problems before this if
} > "cd .." actually caused an 8kb buffer on the stack to overflow.
}
} I have tried to print the length of xbuf and *pp before the sprintf().
} Looks like when overflow being triggered, the length of xbuf is 8188,
} and the length of *pp is 10.

I must not previously have been understanding exactly what you tested.

I now suspect you've deliberately constructed and (with chaselinks not
set?) cd'd one level down at a time into a path that's at least 8188
characters long, and then setopt chaselinks and done "cd .." from the
bottom directory in that path.  Is that correct?

Maybe you previously posted exactly what test you were doing and I just
lost track of it.

Anyway, if that's along the lines of what you've done, then I retract
my "potential error rather than real" remark.