Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: bug report: vi mode yank should yank to 0 register
- X-seq: zsh-workers 33496
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Gábor Márton <martongabesz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: bug report: vi mode yank should yank to 0 register
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:24:42 +0200
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1413973483; bh=5MSIwR5c8F3oFyywwbT8khlEobl7glMyk6/3tfsTnUI=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:cc:In-reply-to:From:References:To:Subject:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-ID:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Date:Message-ID; b=lRyerrel8le1oEfCMkdJECEcVxzpJ2Fd4HYfTL7odir8Ld7P8AllubSiKOkZH/pfryDox9lL1AdKq/ZVBCCj4+hOy5P1H5k2Fjq9DxaEeErpwUPS3Yly48M/sPHFrzEByUyvXPgJls+1csxbnoLahUOL9lMLmSBlEZEAT8Eeojg=
- In-reply-to: <CAH6rKyDOgRDYm0yXpTD41BLf_0+vu=3GSHuf-7O1H25tv+=K3Q@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAH6rKyDOgRDYm0yXpTD41BLf_0+vu=3GSHuf-7O1H25tv+=K3Q@mail.gmail.com>
Gábor Márton wrote:
> I am not sure if this list is the proper form of reporting bugs, please
> forgive me.
No, this is exactly the right place. Thanks for the report.
> I have noticed that zsh vi mode is using the " register instead of the 0
> register when a yank is done.
It's a vi mode not a vim mode. And as in vi, there is no 0 register. You
might notice that you get a beep after pressing "0.
I'd agree that it would be nice to have some vim features working for
zsh. This is one case where I prefer the emacs yank stack concept.
I'm not sure that "1 to "9 are exactly working as in vi: both deletions
and yanks go to them. This is probably because they were implemented on
top of the killring which was implemented with emacs in mind first.
Messages sorted by: