Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Crash after interrupting tab-completion with Ctrl-\
- X-seq: zsh-workers 33554
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Crash after interrupting tab-completion with Ctrl-\
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:16:31 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=bMZCRqFqCw3l+eN19tCukniIXDr0XBovRpdMQQi0k+4=; b=FUDh4Hfrrk67jGIQIxLaOMQRo47IzDQn84KtMnPsVzsByG4md6jakpBdLwOTyCuP6w P6JftEhRi75fJwtD4cof2SY5ngPOi5qIkQVD9FLjoNgX6K/jVaOuCEJqIri0zhoWaLoq Wp/J3MbD3QYYaDY/Glgvk0tk4Jt/j72zOu99M7qwr/HARMMdDHF/I1xkSC4/V6TCwxN1 KmwfL5xE1j1G/g40RgEEQcboHM7j0ACKb/8Exu0U86pzGxpAPogwq218vQSQK3JswWgr jwg9DNs1aFdAumd6uFuHbDOJRv72pCKEl6y9p9haWysRSxHBYMB7rlx65q7kxugvPIFT cUUQ==
- In-reply-to: <141026191818.ZM8256@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20141027003854.GA25689@xvii.vinc17.org> <141026183105.ZM8141@torch.brasslantern.com> <141026191818.ZM8256@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 3:18 AM, Bart Schaefer
> On Oct 26, 6:31pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> } In fact even with a trap on QUIT in place, the stty quit character does
> } not seem to do anything until an external process is in the foreground.
> zsetterm() disables the tty quit character, along with a bunch of others.
> So if you were able to use it, you'd somehow gotten out of ZLE.
Is it possible that you (Vincent) held down the QUIT key, and there
was a race where the signal got sent to zsh before zle had a chance to
disable the quit character? This sometimes happens to me when trying
to break out of for loops that do a bit more than I intended and I end
up killing zsh as well.
Messages sorted by: