Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: MacOS X patches
- X-seq: zsh-workers 33602
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: MacOS X patches
- Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 20:04:47 -0800
- In-reply-to: <CAHYJk3Q5mxAaxBWNfqQi5QNvL=S3Th1MnQtkRysDhfDmkp7mFA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <8123AE4B-66A3-4789-B0A3-5E5C26DB986D@freebsd.org> <CAHYJk3Q5mxAaxBWNfqQi5QNvL=S3Th1MnQtkRysDhfDmkp7mFA@mail.gmail.com>
On Nov 1, 8:57am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
} Subject: Re: MacOS X patches
} On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/zsh/zsh-61/patches/
} I wonder what they have against the calendar system documentation.
I suspect they removed it because they don't install the corresponding
functions ... because they want everyone to use their calendar manager?
"ls $fpath/calendar(N)" finds nothing.
} The only "interesting" patch I can see is the utmpx one
Yeah, I'm a bit curious about that one. If that's really necessary, how
does zsh even compile without it? Does something get "configure"d away?
} I'm not exactly sure what the arg_zero patch does though.
Apparently it's somehow possible to invoke the program with argc == 0.
The call to zerr() eventually goes through zwarning() which passes
argzero to nicezputs(), so it has to have a value for that to work.
But isn't the real bug that something runs the shell with argv empty?
} (One wonders why they want to modify the
} install-strip target instead of just calling the install target).
Probably just preventing someone from trying something that's going
to fail anyway.
The no_auto.patch and config.h.ed bits appear to have something to do
with compiling from the tarball. I'm guessing config.h.ed is run to
undo something that configure gets "wrong," and then that makes the
default build want to re-run autoconf/autoheader for dependencies.
Messages sorted by: