Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: BUG: failure in "vcs_info prompt" aborts precmd function
- X-seq: zsh-workers 33757
- From: Daniel Hahler <dhahler@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: BUG: failure in "vcs_info prompt" aborts precmd function
- Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 19:01:32 +0100
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=wxiHV438Z3q0mpiuChFrVog0zVJ5WNdAoOoB1+6Ewz0=; b=MkhtwKyGEdlGFigevccXCZ3sASBmg48/M3OsIjlCn+dxoXnUgHsC4lyHbaq8fSbj49 uFoS5e+7QB9RRPTKdvcdoKBQoAdd0p0muUbAFIze2OJGoT9r68gjRY+LyZbdrrVKHbBd lykq2+VpFOfxpp+fxKIKCzDEaLEilhAeC7PFQIyK7pyLc+k7XONOrw0pvd8sjInBGeCj XjEPXeqVgbEav/v9/UZckaSh745j8nPrUzI5hMnOl3BvFWd12yCqOP03ihpP8Vvm4oLp 6SCHJP8B/wdJnhsdIKimtqvUPwzE7PvZ/OlD4OuMRrOamajuIisQuDxKssUPqGpFWSa7 KC2w==
- In-reply-to: <CAHYJk3S5pBBNnAKqyGRYq7KAstpSAJOPQRdbHjoKrurLKFbOcQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <5470C427.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHYJk3S5pBBNnAKqyGRYq7KAstpSAJOPQRdbHjoKrurLKFbOcQ@mail.gmail.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 22.11.2014 18:51, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> I am using a precmd hook to setup my prompt and call "vcs_info 'prompt'" from there.
>> When starting an interactive Git rebase, while the editor is still open, it will fail as follows:
>> VCS_INFO_get_data_git:208: no such file or directory: .git/rebase-merge/done
>> While this bug can be fixed (I'll post a patch), I think it's still a bug that vcs_info aborts the precmd.
>> Why is that?
>> I have tried adding "set +e" and "|| true" before the call to vcs_info, but without success.
> http://www.zsh.org/cgi-bin/mla/redirect?WORKERNUMBER=33671 should fix
> this already.
Yes, it's likely to fix this, although it might not be necessary to replace that many occurrences.
Also, I don't know if "$(cat ..)" is as efficient as "$(< ..)". Does it use a subshell, or is it optimized?
Apart from that, I am still wondering why the error in vcs_info causes abortion of the precmd function?!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Messages sorted by: