Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: BUG: failure in "vcs_info prompt" aborts precmd function
- X-seq: zsh-workers 33759
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Daniel Hahler <dhahler@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: BUG: failure in "vcs_info prompt" aborts precmd function
- Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 23:20:59 +0100
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=El8osH+o8f2n//hSSssxn+LKgwH5U/RRp21FPe1thno=; b=jKj1/GEu2EARv1aO1nuG5XDqNhVplPsBG+veC3y3oGu0flrS6/TReS8fecAlHnvCHE r4nY2s5cJbnpgfT5ThdXjVZfcdZYQSz1pwAdUpUXRP79Q9jHI52C07YmFltg36nIghPH JVin/ZwwBoiCldmYhTsn2V6U9O+AzrmnHqCINQy+7AkOJrhCj2gYtDc2h3UFGX3cjXmB JC7i4vrYQhkeFVA3dyg3UtinVWAXRKsdcR9V3SPfxzzCxFaRP92mqAMr1kAFZZetRflM EBD3O4OCxV3m1RxnmXXVPjBVpa8ejQn9ZjSzL1A2HuQ1RXf/8L8ScsVIgaGcz8soLxrr unpA==
- In-reply-to: <5470CF7C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <5470C427.email@example.com> <CAHYJk3S5pBBNnAKqyGRYq7KAstpSAJOPQRdbHjoKrurLKFbOcQ@mail.gmail.com> <5470CF7C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Daniel Hahler <dhahler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> On 22.11.2014 18:51, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>>> I am using a precmd hook to setup my prompt and call "vcs_info 'prompt'" from there.
>>> When starting an interactive Git rebase, while the editor is still open, it will fail as follows:
>>> VCS_INFO_get_data_git:208: no such file or directory: .git/rebase-merge/done
>>> While this bug can be fixed (I'll post a patch), I think it's still a bug that vcs_info aborts the precmd.
>>> Why is that?
>>> I have tried adding "set +e" and "|| true" before the call to vcs_info, but without success.
>> http://www.zsh.org/cgi-bin/mla/redirect?WORKERNUMBER=33671 should fix
>> this already.
> Yes, it's likely to fix this, although it might not be necessary to replace that many occurrences.
> Also, I don't know if "$(cat ..)" is as efficient as "$(< ..)". Does it use a subshell, or is it optimized?
> Apart from that, I am still wondering why the error in vcs_info causes abortion of the precmd function?!
Passing a non-existing file to $(< is a fatal error, or whichever term
is correct here. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not since it's
documented to not be the case. (in Command Substitution,
The substitution `$(cat foo)' may be replaced
by the equivalent but faster `$(<foo)'.
Messages sorted by: