Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Fwd: In Vi mode, show whether "insert" or "command" state is active
- X-seq: zsh-workers 34029
- From: Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Fwd: In Vi mode, show whether "insert" or "command" state is active
- Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 19:07:13 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=LuDnYM7Tq8CF6B2DcvGrxfxnYPvcMkM4kMHLAVrYWSg=; b=uSWr4iOGVG/k0bSYLddm9Vr/Bvc5/gqhrL8FTlZHqsolI+jzNbbT/vDET17A4MgfHW MBlYYU5rjBZXJdz7vpP26tDDPdijGjJoUoga/a9OCwxCh3DymYDab3/3YSDIJOMu6drc TO6PB2txZX2I9486CC9CLoGsc+ZZM1R5Lw4+pd1bPY17xCBE0BetJkFmjmIr7hPXGm+z WkL6K8LORtz3AGgUXjuCILIfph6xPdVA2jZixHzfhPKX1OfVKiTKRzce+bATszavFfJB Xk9mCFMqCXALH0m4i61sAfh2HHgZ6HVAdld5kRAgiGYTfPa0d8eUikluhSsKz8VI5nXW W6Og==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Nathan Schwarz <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is already possible.
I know that it's already possible. The feature request was not asking
you to make mode indication _possible_: it was asking you to make it
please happen _by default_. :)
You don't have to make it happen using a cursor change. You can
choose whatever method you like. May I suggest that you do things the
same way Bash's 'show-mode-in-prompt' feature does things: add a
colon to the beginning of the prompt in vicmd mode; add a plus sign in
> For the blinking-cursor-stuff you can use this:
Good to know; thank you.
> Ps: Sorry for double-sending Jason, I replied to you instead of replying to the ml.
On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, you will need to ensure that the cursor is always reset when a
> line is accepted. Most reliable place to do that appears to be POSTEDIT:
> POSTEDIT+=$'\e[2 q'
Thank you Oliver.
Messages sorted by: