Re: Fwd: In Vi mode, show whether "insert" or "command" state is active

On Dec 21,  7:07pm, Jason Spiro wrote:
}
} I know that it's already possible.  The feature request was not asking
} you to make mode indication _possible_:  it was asking you to make it
} please happen _by default_.  :)

And my point was that *even vim* doesn't make it happen *by default*.
You have to configure it, and it functions in a terminal-specific
manner.  Attempting to build it in to the shell is just going to
result in frustration when it only works a fraction of the time.