Re: In Vi mode, show whether "insert" or "command" state is active

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 17:57:23 -0800
> On Dec 21,  7:07pm, Jason Spiro wrote:
> }
> } I know that it's already possible.  The feature request was not
> asking } you to make mode indication _possible_:  it was asking you
> to make it } please happen _by default_.  :)
>
> And my point was that *even vim* doesn't make it happen *by default*.
> You have to configure it, and it functions in a terminal-specific
> manner.  Attempting to build it in to the shell is just going to
> result in frustration when it only works a fraction of the time.

It can't be beyond the wit of person to make it easy to turn on when it
does work, and it should be possible internally to make it much more
convenient to use the terminal handling mechanisms than is possible in a
function.

pws