Re: Math expression evaluation error?

On Jan 10,  2:21pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} BTW, just Googling, I see that this issue has come up time and again.
} Our original poster on this thread is not the first person to be got by
} this gotcha.  Why not make the issue go away, once and for all?

Because there is such a thing as standardized behavior across shells,
and while it is fine to add or extend features, egregiously changing
the behavior of the common subset is generally a bad idea.

} I also presume that it accesses all the power of 'zcalc' (because why
} *wouldn't* it?)

It's actually the other way around.  zcalc accesses the power of $(( ))
but "looks" a bit more like a calculator.

--
Barton E. Schaefer