Re: make check problem

On 01/22/2015 08:02 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
It's checked for the obvious QA reason: If it *is* there, then you want
to know that it's working correctly.  The test suite has to be reasonbly
comprehensive, not depend on local configurations.
Sure, it is better to test too much than not enough. I'm just excusing myself from persueing it for so long at your expence, only to find that I don't want it anyway, because it isn't obvious what is or is not important there. One might speculate about some way to improve the test such that it knows that it's not even available (and very optional besides) and just bows out or says "optional feature pcre not available" or something. Anyway, your edits to the test seem just fine. The next guy won't have this issue.