Re: Deadlock when receiving kill-signal from child process

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 1:42 AM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 9,  4:53pm, Mathias Fredriksson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Deadlock when receiving kill-signal from child process
> }
> } I'm wondering if I'm not getting the complete picture
> } though since there are some "in ?? ()" also in there (I did build with
> } debugging enabled though).
>
> Did you "make install" before running this?  If so, *don't* -- run the
> binary straight out of the build tree.  If you "make install" the symbol
> table gets stripped even if you've compiled with debugging, which gives
> you the incomplete stack traces you've been seeing.

I don't think this is the case, there's a separate install-strip
target for that. I've always done make install and ran gdb on the
resulting install successfully. There's also a caveat with running the
in-tree binary: all modules loaded will still be from $PREFIX, not the
build directory.

--
Mikael Magnusson