Re: Completion of prefix redirections is -command- instead of -redirect-

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 27,  8:22am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Completion of prefix redirections is -command- instead of -re
> }
> } When I try this patch, I get all my previous cases right except the
> } one you mentioned, but also
> } ; < : <tab>
> } completes files instead of commands now (before, it completed commands
> } both with and without the : there, so not more correct in total).
>
> It thinks ":" IS the command.

Hmm, indeed, I'm not sure what I was thinking there, my context is
long gone. It is possible that I meant to say "commands instead of
files", which is what happens when I test it now.

> } PS
> } If anyone can get
> } for (a b) {<tab>
> } to complete commands, that would be nice too :). (this never worked)
>
> I presume you mean without the parens around "a b"?  Otherwise it's not
> valid syntax.

I meant for a (b) {<tab>, yeah.

> As PWS said, this is really a job for a state machine ... and not for a
> hack this close to a release if it's something that hasn't ever worked.

Yeah, it was just a PS.

--
Mikael Magnusson