Re: Bug: bracketed-paste-magic + ztcp causes wrong pasted contents for CJK payloads

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 08:00:52 -0700
> On Oct 29,  2:51pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } The key thing to get this not to be completely broken appears to be
> } updating the typeset code to call the assign functions with flags set to
> } 0, i.e. what the replaced functions used to do.
>
> Maybe this is a silly question, but do we ever use ASSPM_WARN_CREATE in
> a case where WARNCREATEGLOBAL is *not* set?

I doubt it.

> Maybe the right thing to do is test WARNCREATEGLOBAL all the way at
> the bottom, and have the typeset code call the assign functions with
> an ASSPM_CREATE_SILENT flag, i.e., get rid of ASSPM_WARN_CREATE.
>
> Then the set?param() functions don't have to change at all?  Or am I
> missing something?

That sounds like it ought to work --- except that to avoid the extra
cases I added to the two set*param functions that weren't simple aliases
we'd have to work out carefullly where "all the way at the bottom"
actually is.

pws