Re: "off by one fix in multiple prompts" breaks multiline prompt

On 13 Aug 2018, at 07:58, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I suspect dana was saying we need something like this?  Has this got
>anything to do with it?  (Second guessing other people's fixes is really
>hard work...)

Yeah, i probably should have tested the patch that was actually submitted,
sorry. We were kind of working on it in parallel after Wapire suggested on IRC
that that might be a fix to their problem.

The additional change you mentioned addresses the difference between the patch
as submitted and what i was testing. However, i just tried it and it does not
fix this issue (where the last 'hard' line of the prompt wraps).

Looking at that function again, i wonder if the original problem was actually
related to the fact that it compares the current column count (and
potentially increments the height) before checking whether the current character
is a new-line? That would explain why it was producing an extra cup when it
encountered a line that was exactly as wide as the screen.

dana