Re: Test release: 5.6.2-test-3

> 2019/01/07 1:37, dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> For the PDF, i needed TeX, which the normal Homebrew repo also doesn't have i
> guess because it's similarly complicated to build on macOS. Homebrew Cask has
> the MacTeX distribution, but the full thing is over 3 GiB, which is silly. I
> found the 'basic' distribution, though, and then i needed to manually install
> the texinfo thing for it, and after all that i thought i'd be OK, but
> apparently TeX needs X11 to generate the PDF for some reason (font stuff, i
> assume).

I'm using the binary distribution from http://www.tug.org/mactex/
(MacTeX.pkg, 3.2GB) and it works fine. It also includes gs (ghostscript)
and ps2pdf. Of course X11 is NOT required.

# I haven't tried the BasicTeX.pkg and don't know whether it works or not.

Can you create PDF from a simple LaTeX source by pdflatex command?

> 2019/01/07 6:34, Daniel Tameling <tamelingdaniel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I have both, TeX and X11, installed but stilled failed to build the
> entire documentation because roff2ps is missing. So this might not be
> the end for you if you want to try it again.

I'm using /usr/bin/groff in place of roff2ps and it seems to work.
Create a script like

#!/bin/sh
groff -T ps "$@"

name it roff2ps, and put it somewhere in your PATH.