Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44560
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: justindorfman@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Logo
- Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:58:53 +0200
- Authentication-results: amavisd4.gkg.net (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=yahoo.co.uk
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1563613136; bh=hbbBM/TH9aVP+O7xiiDgIJwjCkr+HRfpiuOlpy3qJS0=; h=From:References:To:Subject:Date:From:Subject; b=oDJC/TB4/8uQKkOFqRGcaDIw4qk5mpkh5cRqMHMB6/wLiavPVAkY+xGz2+Fue/nU4FNhmTWlaHCMGFhplGj8a6G+pmJZvvnAl8SQchJ2UTpCziXNYNFv98X5DNntbvFkK0dJEspZ4SPuxhbBC0asvJDMFNsZbD/QV1i6Ocb5yAPA7oEv4B3v7l1G/1VsX5FH+gUFDYMOZAOLe5pbfr1CHqKTZLh+LxbBihP+VjBEyKPR0+isS9A46La4Gi1beDFxMFEgwlHwSAGgcsEssWYK4CIDGISievg0XDCEBugSyUvJGmx5jIFcPCp6eMqHTOr6UwkCdU4+DC1IG5hSHjF84w==
- In-reply-to: <CAEjOAVp_A3dPxQAy3w6+v4RXs+O0VFy=3CTQ7TCsNZCgkJKwvg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVCmnbc2=rh+QvVen7XghTrLW_h5i=BrHBwqbLYjjinwFw@mail.gmail.com> <95208-1561675878.358761@oOx4.pGSX.EcaY> <CAH+w=7Y9dXxMEKNzd3iPzbW_ODMbR6n1A3JKaxfMs9csMhkZwg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKc7PVAmcyvVZjYDtmH+sV-ngoQMs_S-Vvr0eEDOK370iwxL5A@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVpEMgo=_uTKpayDDDPGBzw=dB-=jLntXd8fXaSBZ3pnGg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAH+w=7aRq2Qtrt8EiuvJi7+XW51G7iQr1EZj46R5d5ui0N1Zeg@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVqQNJHDiTEUFvt1xJieO5fwwQ1bJZWpZTSNRRaVSXsp4Q@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAEjOAVp_A3dPxQAy3w6+v4RXs+O0VFy=3CTQ7TCsNZCgkJKwvg@mail.gmail.com>
Justin Dorfman wrote:
> > As a general remark on this process ... it's great to see people's
> > feedback, but frankly I would nominate PWS and Oliver to have veto power on
If we're granting such powers, it would be remiss not to also nominate Bart.
> > In principle, I like the way you're going with 6-10 of not duplicating
> > the Z but can also see Phil's point - it needs to read as "zsh".
> What if I redo that, with "Zsh" next to all?
I think you've perhaps misunderstood me. By 'it needs to READ as "zsh"',
what I mean is that someone glancing at the logo as a whole needs to see
"zsh" - not "Zzsh" or "sh". I wasn't dismissing the approach in 6-10. If
anything, I prefer it. I think other people mentioned ideas for bringing
it more together like extending the leg of the Z under the sh. Or maybe
a cursor following the % under the sh. In 6 and 7, it helps that the
font for "SH" is more similar but slightly more slant may be better.
While I like 7, the background has forced more distance to the "SH".
With "Zsh" next to the logo as in 1,3-5, it becomes more about
separation. I'd be interested to see what 3 looks like in 4 colours.
Messages sorted by: