Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: draw prompt on the correct line after window change
- X-seq: zsh-workers 45370
- From: Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: draw prompt on the correct line after window change
- Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 18:22:08 +0100
- Cc: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>, Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <CAN=4vMq_Vx8hb4uTNTXaUgiM0aHS0ZnC4-ZSe7XR6VPqqwuMDg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAN=4vMp+E7esA48bEtRs-+Rmm9ng7i+FayGVqcLZqyjwVkayAw@mail.gmail.com> <CAKc7PVBEBDvmoxPNgPJUHK8wn2U-9cSNcdr0ADTumV_pu_D2Ww@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMpWxg_-OLRSOYu+JcAnpuvdUp+k+7HVtPH9sXtEFiVh8g@mail.gmail.com> <CAKc7PVCBoLWhNMVdQGmmgFB_zaObo2Ga=YU21yWJC-6KZ+EsHQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMpw1EEQHyhx2dAVN8cZ78SMy6-xmWFM1tRX8TDtsTNemail@example.com> <CAKc7PVB1Zmhv6JsLzVVUgSr6Yzyt8O9+Zr7tg3RUS1NfTkY+Mg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7ahPsMBEEXm-mgQnQpA6tnCpZzL77njcnqk72dkGzARJA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMq_Vx8hb4uTNTXaUgiM0aHS0ZnC4-ZSe7XR6VPqqwuMDg@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:38 PM Roman Perepelitsa
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:28 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > IIR the problem correctly, a possible approach to resolve my concern would be to have the terminal report the cursor position for the shell to read+save it, rather than rely on the terminal save/restore action.
> I implemented this prior to the patch I sent. Unfortunately, this
> added enough prompt latency to make it noticeable.
I've implemented this again to verify that my recollection of the
reason I rejected this approach was correct. It was not. u7 is indeed
slow but the primary reason I abandoned it in the first implementation
is that it doesn't work here. The absolute position of prompt start
changes when terminal content gets reflown upon resize.
After a few more issues filed against powerlevel10k due to the
resizing bug, I wrote this troubleshooting entry:
Perhaps it'll help others who stumble on this.
Messages sorted by: