Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: best way to disable PRIVILEGED?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 46166
- From: Jens Staal <staal1978@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: best way to disable PRIVILEGED?
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 08:55:31 +0200
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20200628121011.22lv3n75sj2j5qhc@Hugin> <email@example.com>
- Sender: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
>From: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>On Sun, 2020-06-28 at 14:10 +0200, Jens Staal wrote:
>> the zsh executes but with the error: "zsh: error on TTY read:
>> permission denied"
>My guess here would be this is something to do with job control /
>terminal sessions, which is quite hairy stuff and where different OSes
>can definitely go their own way, so not related to UID settings.
>However, this is just based on where I've seen problems in the
>past, and I don't have any specific advice to offer.
Indeed job control might definitely be something. I remember having to do
-DNOPROSPECTOFWORK on mksh under Plan9.
>To be clear, is this a newly assigned pseudoterminal, or are you
>starting zsh within an existing terminal window?
I start it within an existing terminal window. Something I am now considering is
to try to give some more "meat" to my terminfo (now just stubs from old
pdcurses) and I think I might get some inspiration from the vt emulation that
exists on Plan9:
I might even be able to just import some code for /sys/src/cmd/vt for that
library. No idea if that will help me.
I sprinkled my libterm.a stubs library with printf for every function but I
could not see that one of those functions were called before the crash. I got a
tip to try to debug with a tool called "acid" so I guess that is my next step...
Executing zsh after activating the vt emulator did also not change the error.
Messages sorted by: