Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Call for moderators
- X-seq: zsh-workers 47310
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Call for moderators
- Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 07:54:58 +0000
- Archived-at: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/zsh-workers/2020-08/20200809075458.691ff5c3%40tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
- Authentication-results: zsh.org; iprev=pass (wout2-smtp.messagingengine.com) smtp.remote-ip=184.108.40.206; dkim=pass header.d=daniel.shahaf.name header.s=fm1 header.a=rsa-sha256; dkim=pass header.d=messagingengine.com header.s=fm3 header.a=rsa-sha256
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= daniel.shahaf.name; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id :in-reply-to:references:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; s=fm1; bh=KYDnWCEODbr/aUCsnZX1yRm2i+ JZb2r6HYxZWuQaskQ=; b=Xn7J33iIi9TaE7Kp1tMXx9CM4bIo/qyxn+IQDHSDTv rmr4lHI3wIWif8W6VdW5pqeBfxlUS9PJWPfjUTNQHcV3Z0aydF3o3YFmZ+hEOOPp eSKixffBEqucCr4f3ewKyhtcSqknyidjg6HAMDHM3ntFwFOgtLOB94DrZ6W4I2GP Te1rSFHpHKbrgDwH3lBylsG15EbzBwxfj6VHwyv16lXwAQp58ywNqXoN8tOQJfg2 6K/ZRbUEEYKoTzthbZisl698zLtuWbQOG+VlgSb8KOE50AMIXZy2TdK74nNPCEi7 yKah6qSLqn0GuT5k/BKD7WL8QFKbGl6pox+tJgw3nYBw==
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:references :subject:to:x-me-proxy:x-me-proxy:x-me-sender:x-me-sender :x-sasl-enc; s=fm3; bh=KYDnWCEODbr/aUCsnZX1yRm2i+JZb2r6HYxZWuQas kQ=; b=M1Davl58wxEF++yvw49fPDwHBzD9/BLUZQAf+kkrmqkSsk55PxlIiahhe 51zmmAIz6UAUil5UUR8+y62+16gBhhNnkdw8dKl1qNrZLAHMlVJXthPJ73Si2vKJ YEJuDBhg6PFVtWCsIYbt7G4Fu/DautbLLkZbxN55q5ju4ebKCXyoZNhXrg8PCzq0 iln2zlv/j4d3HQuBU9qGfbWUqxKCb7c2kdaGwk+jGg1e/cBltx+osLbvhqhXSq0J fkZ1vwsL0x+J9tyQYLVzA5kF/Wcw62i98K5OAlfBP1npclXwJU2y8bBPk7sKj9oS 0TJIJE9kT86THJFj35dkMhO8goDmQ==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arc/zsh-workers>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-owner: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe%20zsh-workers>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe%20zsh-workers>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: Sympa Owner <sympa@xxxxxxx>
Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sun, 09 Aug 2020 06:36 +0000:
> Moderation is keyed not on whether a message's sender is subscribed
> to the list, but on the spam score of the message. Emails with high
> spam scores are rejected at SMTP time; those with low spam scores are
> passed directly to the list; and those with scores in between are
> passed to the moderators. (Kudos to Oliver for implementing this.)
Sorry, that's not quite right.
Currently, moderation is keyed on whether one is a subscriber or not.
Oliver is working on implementing the "moderate only emails with a
medium spam score" functionality, has rolled it out to the internal
infrastructure/testing list, and expects that it will be rolled out to
-workers@ and -users@ before long. However, when all is said and done,
that hasn't happened yet.
Apologies on my behalf for the mistake.
> When a message requires moderation, you'll get an email with that
> message attached to it, and with these instructions:
> > To distribute the attached message in list zsh-infra:
> > <mailto:sympa@xxxxxxx?subject=DISTRIBUTE%20zsh-infra%20f650a8302ea98094051b724e4fe36909>
> > Or [reply to this email] with the following subject:
> > DISTRIBUTE zsh-infra f650a8302ea98094051b724e4fe36909
> (slightly rephrased by me)
> The moderators then click on the link to approve the message. It's
> also possible to approve a message by replying and changing the subject
> as indicated, or via the Web interface.
> That's basically it. Ideally we'll have several moderators in
> separated timezones.
> Currently the moderators are the sudoers, but we're trying to divide
> our workload.
Messages sorted by: