Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install
- X-seq: zsh-workers 48400
- From: Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Cc: dana <dana@xxxxxxx>, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install
- Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 17:00:20 +0300
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/48400>
- Archived-at: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/zsh-workers/2021-04/CAHLkEDugCK_Qxfc4254UHqEdM5xHdWZ8o%2B0eewOhc6nEhhhZTg%40mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <20210325011534.GD18178@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- References: <B865F477-D72B-426F-9691-268C2E65EC85@dana.is> <EAEB39F8-6DEF-4BC0-A7E4-A59B16DBDF2F@gmail.com> <D2248BF1-5045-4F68-89F0-F92C903EF73D@dana.is> <20210225080519.GA22300@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAHLkEDtR6LCZy_2Ks-KATn9T3xyMmNh=ifxiHF4+KhO5uT-Cxw@mail.gmail.com> <20210227132121.GA9308@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAHLkEDvDHnzx7Nus1HpCdEgViOYWAMQ7NfYaC2T=Ozn8iVx4=Q@mail.gmail.com> <20210325011534.GD18178@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 3:15 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For Debian, the maintainers are listed at
> <https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/zsh>. There's a mailing list, so you
> can just email that. In general, Debian tends to like things being
> organized around bug reports, but filing a bug without reportbug(1)
> isn't the most user-friendly workflow in the world, so I'll gloss over
> it for now.
> Other distros generally have browsable package indexes that list the
> current version and maintainer of each package. There's also
> https://repology.org/project/zsh/versions which lists information from
> multiple distros.
On March 25th, I sent out an RFC by email to the Zsh package
maintainers of all Linux distros that I could find that include a
custom .zshrc file for new users:
* ALT Linux
I got replies so far from openSUSE and Fedora, and made some minor
changes based on their feedback:
The only feedback that I didn't act on was the observation that the
use of $RPS1 could feel confusing to users coming from Bash. I'm not
sure I want to do anything about that; I think that not using $RPS1
would actually make the current prompt worse. Otherwise, their
feedback was all positive.
I haven't heard anything from Debian's, Adélie's and ALT Linux's Zsh
package maintainers yet.
Should I ping them again or just wait a bit longer?
Messages sorted by: