Re: Why does {..} expansion using 'bindkey' quoting, but {,} and BRACE_CCL don't quote at all?

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 11:18 PM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just wish {a..z} didn't use quoting at all. :)

Re-reading the doc for this, {a..z} is guaranteed to produce PRINTABLE
output, which is not true of the other variations of brace expansion.

> How would you feel about adding a shell option to make {a..z}
> unquoted?

Ambivalent.  If you're going to set an option anyway, why can't you
use BRACE_CCL and {a-z} ?

> (Or failing that, an option to make all of them
> $'..'-quoted.)

That, I think not.  You've already demonstrated that it's simple to
add the quoting ... and in what circumstance would you want the brace
expansion quoted, but the word in which it's embedded, unquoted?