Re: Why does {..} expansion using 'bindkey' quoting, but {,} and BRACE_CCL don't quote at all?

On 8/6/21, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 11:18 PM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> I just wish {a..z} didn't use quoting at all. :)
>
> Re-reading the doc for this, {a..z} is guaranteed to produce PRINTABLE
> output, which is not true of the other variations of brace expansion.

If you want to expand these printable representations to the actual
codepoints, you can use (g:ce:) .

>> How would you feel about adding a shell option to make {a..z}
>> unquoted?
>
> Ambivalent.  If you're going to set an option anyway, why can't you
> use BRACE_CCL and {a-z} ?

braceccl works on the byte level only so it's not usable for multibyte
codepoints etc.

--
Mikael Magnusson