Re: Why does {..} expansion using 'bindkey' quoting, but {,} and BRACE_CCL don't quote at all?

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 3:55 AM Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8/6/21, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 11:18 PM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I just wish {a..z} didn't use quoting at all. :)
> >
> > Re-reading the doc for this, {a..z} is guaranteed to produce PRINTABLE
> > output, which is not true of the other variations of brace expansion.
>
> If you want to expand these printable representations to the actual
> codepoints, you can use (g:ce:) .

Thanks! I had been looking through
https://zsh.sourceforge.io/Doc/Release/Expansion.html for anything
mentioning `bindkey`, but couldn't find any. :)

> With the c option, sequences like ‘^X’ are also processed.

That could be made more "grep-able".

In general, I think that page could really use a "reverse" index.
Listing parameter flags by letter only doesn't really help in finding
anything. Believe me, I've tried.