Re: [BUG] zsh/param/private scoping error

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 4:51 AM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> % () { private tst; () { tst= } }
> (anon):1: tst: attempt to assign private in nested scope
> %
>
> This is not how one would expect private variables to behave.

But it's how variable scoping behaves in the shell language.  If I do

% () { local tst; () { tst=foo } }

Then it is the tst in the surrounding scope that gets altered, not the
global one.  If the inner function is INTENDED to create a global, it
should be using "typeset -g" explicitly.