Re: OpenSSH scp completion reminder

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 11:20:34AM -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> OpenSSH 9.0 switches the default underlying application-layer transport
> for the scp command from the RCP protocol to the SFTP protocol.  This is
> available as an option from OpenSSH 8.9, I believe.

IIRC even since 8.8.

> This change impacts quoting of things like whitespace.
> Which I have assumed will impact zsh completion.

I thought so as well, but I so far couldn't find anything which didn't
work with zsh remote file completion with OpenSSH 9.0 on the client
side. Otherwise I would have reported it.

I at least tried tab-completing a file name with spaces, added a "."
and pressed Enter and to my surprise it worked.

> If someone has a _quick_ fix for this, it's probably worth getting it
> into the upcoming zsh release, so that there's not an extended period of
> time where there's an incompatibility.

IMHO this would be very preferable, yes, at least if there's actually
something to fix.

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/