Re: OpenSSH scp completion reminder

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 9:43 AM Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 11:20:34AM -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > This change impacts quoting of things like whitespace.
> > Which I have assumed will impact zsh completion.
>
> I thought so as well, but I so far couldn't find anything which didn't
> work with zsh remote file completion with OpenSSH 9.0 on the client
> side.

Completion itself doesn't use scp to do the remote file name
generation, it uses plain ssh.  Of course once the file names are
returned, getting the quoting right for the actual scp invocation is
down to what appears on the command line, so the only way completion
could be implicated in messing this up is if it somehow automatically
inserted the wrong quoting.