FU: RE: Re: Is there any desire to support languages other than English in zsh?

Me also has another criticism, that me neglected to write in me previous
message. Allow me to repair--

On Thu, 08 Jun 2023 06:53:12 +0000 (UTC), zeurkous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Haai,
>
> Me thinks it's about time for me to speak up.
>
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 23:52:59 -0400, Agron Selimaj <as9902613@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What if we take the long path by starting small?
>>
>> Let me add gettext support, and we don't have to use it everywhere from day
>> one.

Adding a feature like this, which will by all probability never be
complete, will create a major rabbit hole for us to go down in.

At the very best, we'll be swarmed by user patches that we cannot verify
(does anyone on the workers list speak Cree or Armenian?) -- for all we
know, we'll put be approving all sorts of "funny" insults, and be
completely unaware of it --, for a somewhat tangential "feature"; at
worst, it'll be limited to the couple of easily-translated phrases, in
the natlangs the developers know, leaving mere mortals to bang their
heads in frustration when a message pops up that has not been
translated (or sometimes: /cannot/ be translated, due to sufficiently
subtle connotations that do not exist in the target language).

Either way, like mesaid: it's a major rabbit hole. One perhaps not worth
going into.

        --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!