Re: prompt colors bug? also possible feature add

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 5:42 AM Jim <linux.tech.guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The more I look into "functions/Prompts" and especially *fade and fire there is no
> change in color intensity or the use of "gray".

prompt_fade_setup:    prompt_preview_theme fade white grey blue
prompt_bigfade_setup:    prompt_preview_theme bigfade red white grey white

"colors" defines "grey" so as not to break those preview defaults, and
defines "gray" because some people spell differently.

> When grey is
> specified, the color defaults to the default color of the virtual terminal you are using.

I think that's because the virtual terminal is overriding "black".
Both gray and grey are defined as being identical to black.  Only the
xterm extended "bright" variants are actually gray.