Re: what is the effect of a percentage sign (%) as last character on the command line

Peter writes:
[...]
>>> It'd be really nice if you could at least have zsh tell you where it's
>>> going to look for the global startup files..
>>>
>> Well, there's no built-in way, but there's this trick that works rather
>> well:
>>
>> % strings =zsh | grep '^/.*zshenv'
>> /etc/zshenv
>>
>> Regards, Frank
>>

> Well, er , nice approach (;-
>
> Although its elegance is undeniable, it still doesn't tell me if one
> of the numerous potential other startup files got read ( zprofile,
> .zshenv, etc ) .  Of course , I can check
> manually if they are there , but this is still errorprone because it
> is easy to forget one.

Yes, I was refering what Greg said. As in the part I quoted.

I don't know of a way to make zsh tell which files it would source in
certain modes. There is documentation, however, that will tell you which
files will be used in which mode if they exist. The zshwiki has a page,
that summarises all that: <http://zshwiki.org/home/config/files>

Regards, Frank.

                                                  -- RFC 1925