Re[2]: Completion of mixed-style paths still doesn't work under Cygwin with 4.3.10-dev-1

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:35:36 +0000 Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

PS> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:25:54 +0000
PS> Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
PS> > On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:52:10 +0100
PS> > Vadim Zeitlin <vz-zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PS> >> [completing after c:/ doesn't work sometimes]
PS> >
PS> >> I built zsh using "--enable-pcre --enable-multibyte" under Cygwin 1.7.1.
PS> >> Should I have used different configure options? Or maybe it's 1.7-specific?
PS>
PS> It does appear to be a new feature which is easy enough to work around.
PS> It looks like "c:" is no longer regarded as a directory while "c:/"
PS> still is (try it with [[ -d c: ]] if you want to play along at home).

 Indeed, but this does make sense to me -- "c:" is not really a directory
unless you're willing to interpret it as the current working directory on
the drive "c:" which is how DOS does it but this hardly makes any sense in
Cygwin context. Of course, this doesn't explain why did "[[ -d c: ]]" work
before but it's still good to know that they fixed it.

PS> I've now escaped back to Linux: here's a patch that seemed to work,
PS> except I've only just realised that I'd better limit the slash-appending
PS> to single-letter drives---someone may know better---so that isn't
PS> tested.

 I've just tested it (sorry for the delay...) by updating to the latest git
version and it does work fine here now, thanks a lot!

PS> I presume this still works in earlier versions of Cygwin.

 I built the latest zsh under Cygwin 1.5.25 too and it seems to work fine
there as well.

 Thanks again for fixing this!
VZ