Re: completion fails if dir referenced via variable.

On 02/25/2014 12:02 PM, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
zstyle ':completion:*:expand:*' tag-order all-expansions

Oliver

Glorious success! I still have to press TAB twice, but no need to 'do something else' between presses. I'd still like to see a 'one TAB does it all' option tho. And when " _expand " is set, it seems to me there's nothing to ask -- just do it.

BTW another strange thing: if I start a fresh shell, I can't expand a variable unless I 'echo' it first. The variable is certainly set, and it echos to screen, but without echoing it, it will not expand nohow. Any reason of that?