Re: how to get zsh to work with a screen reader

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:34:49 +0200
"Christoph (Stucki) von Stuckrad" <stucki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2015, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > > The ZLE editor does not use the curses package for screen optimization,
>
> It might be a strange idea, but what happenes in different
> terminal-emulators?

Something else that might just be worth a look at is the shell parameter
BAUD, which indicates the terminal speed.  It's not much used these
days, and isn't set by default, but you can set it to an estimate of the
terminal speed in bits per second.  This changes the way the shell
decides to redisplay things.   In particular, if it's small but
non-zero, the shell knows updates to the output take a long time ---
which is exactly your case, in effect.  The code for this is still
there, though I don't think it's had much attention for some time.

pws