Re: how to get zsh to work with a screen reader

Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:34:49 +0200

> > It might be a strange idea, but what happenes in different
> > terminal-emulators?
>
> Something else that might just be worth a look at is the shell parameter
> BAUD, which indicates the terminal speed.  It's not much used these
> days, and isn't set by default, but you can set it to an estimate of the
> terminal speed in bits per second.  This changes the way the shell
> decides to redisplay things.   In particular, if it's small but
> non-zero, the shell knows updates to the output take a long time ---
> which is exactly your case, in effect.  The code for this is still
> there, though I don't think it's had much attention for some time.

Thanks much for your response.
I tried BAUD=110 and it slowed down the display of each character, but I
still got the repeats, but maybe I can find something in the code around
there to dink with -- thanks a lot.  I also tried 300 and 1200, but I
didn't notice any change.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici