Re: zsh-5.2-test-3

On 12/12/2016 09:39 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
The run-help function only "knows about" the same things that "which"
knows about.  If "which zmv" doesn't find anything, run-help won't
either.

The HELPDIR files are only automatically constructed for zsh builtins,
so those are not going to assist with zmv.

Ok, thanks Bart and Daniel. I'm a bit exhausted by these intricacies for now. What seems to work for everything all the time even on Tuesdays is just 'man zshall' and then Daniel's search style. And the HTML 'book' for more involved study. Not to push my luck, but if I could export zshall to plain text I could implement my ' ~test ' conversion and just use text editor capabilities to navigate the thing and it would be that simple and maybe fun.