Re: zsh 5.5 available

On 09/04/18 08:35 PM, Joey Pabalinas wrote:
By default `make install` will install to /usr/local on most Linux
systems, and you probably don't have that in your MANPATH/INFOPATH.
Right, they are entirely unset.

You can either add /usr/local/share/man and /usr/local/share/info
'/usr/share/...' here, don't know if that's a Debian thing or what.

Thanks Joey that was helpful, but I think I'll leave zsh's 'info' as a little island unto itself, since it seems to work fine that way, and just make an alias to get to it.  If I remember, my previous install handled the man pages without any need for an intervention but it now seems there was no info at all, it was just the man pages differently presented whereas now info is something distinct.