Re: Can't tell the difference in operation between PATH_SCRIPT and NO_PATH_SCRIPT

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024, at 10:21 PM, Steve Dondley wrote:
> Sorry, I’ve got a bad misconcepiton somewhere. I stil don’t get it.
>
> I do: PATH=.dir
>
> When I do: setopt pathscript
> And then do: foo.zsh
>
> It finds foo in the ./dir directory and executes it.
>

> Then when i do: unsetopt pathscript
> And then I do: foo.zsh
>
> It stil finds foo.zsh in the ./dir directory.
>
> So I’m not seeing how it behaves any differently.

You doing something completely different from what I described and
demonstrated.  PATH_SCRIPT *only* affects how zsh behaves when you
invoke it to run a script (e.g., ''zsh script_name'').  It does not
affect PATH searches performed as part of command execution.

--
vq