Re: build from source

On 2024-02-02 09:08, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
It is fairly easy to replicate. Use stat to examine the timestamps. The
test is reliant on the underlying filesystem. I know to avoid builds in
my home directory which is typically NFS and prefer a local scratch
filesystem which will also be faster. Use df -T . to see the type of
filesystem for the current directory.

That's way above my pay grade.  I'll take a look tho:

% df -T .
Filesystem     Type 1K-blocks  Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3      ext4    287237 98929    168852  37% /aWorking

  apt install texinfo
Installed.  No error msg.  However 'info zsh' still reports 5.8.
Or you can install and setup command-not-found
Interesting!

For building zsh (or anything) from source, getting all the dependencies
installed tends to be easier than digging into Makefiles to skip
non-essentials.

It'd be really good to get more testing of the current git head. There
have been quite a few changes and it'd be good to find any regressions
before a release.
Happy to help.

Oliver