Re: build from source

On 2024-02-03 17:26, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Sat, Feb 3, 2024, at 6:42 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
So the remaining questions are whether it's safe to run a dev build
within a stock 5.9
What do you mean by this?

Can I just build the latest core (if that's the right word) and not worry about anything else in the distribution, like functions.  It could be a naive question.  I expect that I can, but in Linux dependencies are a huge issue so it could be that, say, some function requires some particular build or something of that nature.  Or some library or other.  But again, I expect there will be no problems.  The main executable is self-contained, yes?