Re: Why would I use .namespace.myvar?

On 2024-03-10 19:35, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2024 at 7:22 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rather dramatic there with ksh.  Goes to show you the
reason that caution should prevail.
A similar thing happened with zsh back in the early 90s when Paul F.
and I both got real jobs (Paul never came back to zsh)
I sure do wish he'd show up and say hi.  It mystifies me that he's so uncaring of his masterpiece.
and some others
took over for a while.  There's a reason you don't really find zsh 2.5
mentioned anywhere.  Of those others ... let's just say they'd rather
have been working on ksh if it had been open sourced then.
I do dream of a Grand Unified Shell, where all the talent is focused on a single target.  But that's not the way things work.  It's a bazaar, not a cathedral.  Still the competition is healthy.