Re: zsh-2.6-beta17 released

I'd like to suggest that we go ahead and release 2.6-beta17 (with
the two little patches) as 2.7, after at most a few days more
testing and, if necessary, minor patching, and then go ahead with
starting 2.8beta with the next change.

Zoltan's point that what we have here is far better and far less
buggy than the last released version is quite correct.  I have been
using his versions for a long time on Sunos, OSF/1, and Nextstep,
and have found his changes stable and generally free of problems, so
there is little cause for worry there.  Some of the patches that he
incorporated are quite useful and I am not sure why they didn't
make it into the mainstream release, but it is good to see them
there now.

Regards,
 - Irving