Re: Problem with xterm, zsh-2.6Beta20 and OSF/1

Erwin J. van Eijk writes on June 14:
 > I have a slight problem with zsh-2.6Beta20 on OSF/1. The problem is,
 > that if I widen an xterm window to, say, 130 chars, and I type a lot
 > of stuff in it, after 80 chars the line is cleared, and the cursor
 > goes to position 1 in the line. If you do a backspace, the
 > cursor wraps to the previous line, and garbling everything.

I have very similar symptoms on IRIX 5.2 with ZSH_VERSION
2.6-beta13. The problem is not easily reproduceable at all, it occurs
after zsh has been running for a while. When I resize back to a width of
80 characters line editing is ok again. Now widen again and it breaks
now immediately again.
Very annoying.

-- Achim --

 Achim Braemer              braemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Physikalisches Institut    http://doc.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~braemer
 Philosophenweg 12          Telephone: 06221 / 549370  Fax: 475733
 D-69120 Heidelberg         From DESY dial direct 6-207-9370