Re: Bug in beta21

On Jun 20,  4:03pm, Bruce Stephens wrote:
} Subject: Re: Bug in beta21
}
} Of course, I should have done that in the first place.  It appears
} that it's not the options, but something I have in my .zshrc file to
} set the titlebar of xterms.  It's something I don't like all that much
} anyway (it's annoying when I'm using the scrollbar and every five
} seconds zsh thwarts me because I have whatever xterm option it is
} (scrollttyoutput?) set).

} 	trap set-titlebar ALRM
} 	TMOUT=5

Do you really need the title updated every 5 seconds?  I use:

        precmd() { TMOUT=600 ; title }
	TRAPALRM() { TMOUT=60 ; title }

where "title" is a function pretty much like your "set-titlebar".  This
updates the title bar between commands if I'm using the shell regularly,
otherwise it waits for 10 minutes of inactivity and then begins updating
the title bar once per minute.  The 10 minutes is enough for me to scroll
back or spend a while editing a command line without having things start
jumping around on me, and since TMOUT doesn't have any effect during the
execution of commands (only while waiting at the prompt), using precmd
actually gets the title updated more regularly than using a short TMOUT.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: