Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Slightly changed copyright, new test release
- X-seq: zsh-workers 2260
- From: Zoltan Hidvegi <hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Zsh workers list), pjf@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Slightly changed copyright, new test release
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 22:53:25 +0200 (MET DST)
- Organization: Dept. of Comp. Sci., Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary
- Phone: (36 1)2669833 ext: 2667, home phone: (36 1) 2752368
I've just made a new test release. I hope that no changes will be
necessary for zsh-3.0.1. This is not a final release because the copyright
notice is changed a bit and we need Paul's agreement for that. The
3.0.1-test4 release can be downloaded as a patch for 3.0.0 from
The new copyright notice which appears on the top of each file is
* Permission is hereby granted, without written agreement and without
* license or royalty fees, to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
* software and to distribute modified versions of this software for any
* purpose, provided that the above copyright notice and the following
* two paragraphs appear in all copies of this software.
The rest is unchanged. The change is that the documentation is not
mentioned here and it is explicitely stated that it is allowed to
distribute modified versions of that program. I always thought that the
old copyright notice allowed that as well but Richard Stallman think that
was not clear enough.
The texinfo documentation not contains the following conditions for
Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of
this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice
are preserved on all copies.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided also that the
entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a
permission notice identical to this one.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual
into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions.
The size/date of the new release:
50588 Oct 18 22:35 zsh-3.0.1-test4.diff.gz
Do not forget to touch stamp-h.in and configure after applying the patch.
This version should compile on all versions of OSF and HP-UX with or
without gcc. Note however that sed in HP-UX 10.20 is broken so either use
GNU sed or the sed from an earlier HP-UX.
It should also compile on Crays.
The PUSHD_CYCLE patch is not included now because a simple shell function
was posted to the list which provides the same functionality. Also I think
that the PUSHD_CYCLE patch needs some revision when PUSHD_IGNORE_DUPS is
not set. If you think I forgot a patch tell me as soon as possible.
Messages sorted by: