Re: history-search-backward

On Jan 31,  8:02pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: history-search-backward
}
} Peter Stephenson wrote:
} > Zefram wrote:
} > > That's what history-beginning-search-backward is for.  It may cause
} > > confusion, but only minimally, as the old behaviour wasn't documented.
} >
} > Problem is, history-beginning-search-backward only got added a few
} > versions ago and has never been bound
}
} I think it would be a good idea to make history beginning-search bound to
} M-p and M-n by default instead of history-search.  I personally never use
} history-search, I always found it quite useless as history-beginning-* is
} much better.
}
} In fact, in tcsh M-p is bount to history-beginning instead of history search.
}
} Any objections to change this default?

I don't object to that default, but I still think the old behavior of
history-search-* should be restored.