Re: List archive not tracking new home site?

Geoff> Well, you can only do this if you subscribe workers to users
Geoff> and users to announce.  If a message to users gets ezmlm-send'd
Geoff> to workers (as it obviously is now) then people in workers are
Geoff> not going to get a X-Seq-users added.  Well, they can have it
Geoff> added but the sequence number won't point to the correct users
Geoff> sequence number.

No - now that I give it a second thought, you are right.

Geoff> :That way, forwarded messages will contain all (possible)
Geoff> sequence :numbers, and intelligent archive software could even
Geoff> use this to :crosslink between the lists.

Geoff> Ah, now where do I get this intelligent archive software :-)

It was just a thought :-)

Anyway - what other solutions can we come up with? Is there anybody or
anything besides the mail archive that uses the sequence numbers to
anything?  If there is not, I would assume, that the archive could
invent it's own numbering scheme which is unrelated to the X-Seq
numbers, subscribe to all 3 lists and then make some filtering taking
Message-ID into account (to find postings which have been posted to
several of the lists). I do not consider it a great loose, that the
two archives is not synchronized - I do not think, that anyone uses
both of them. (or am I wrong?)

Karsten