Re: Possible impact of RE: PATCH: large file support on SunOS 5

"Andrej Borsenkow" wrote:
> The LFS_CFLAGS (or, for that matter, LFS64_CFLAGS) make the off_t and ino_t
> 64 bit long. Dunno about Solaris, but at least on our system they are of
> type "long long" and there is no standard portable way to print 64 bit
> integers (if sizeof(long) < 8). Our system is using %lld; Solaris is using
> %qd if I'm not wrong.

This will take a little work, but perhaps it's not so bad.  off_t is
checked for in configure.  It needs to be propagated where it occurs in the
sources, e.g. in an .st_size member, instead of being assigned to longs (I
don't think that happens much anyway, but I could be wrong).  For printing,
one of %lld or %qd will probably work; there's already a test for %qd in
the rlim_t test in configure, which can be made more general.  ino_t isn't
tested in configure so probably needs adding in the same way.

I already have several things to finish off, so maybe someone else will
feel like looking at this first (although maybe hell will freeze over while
I wait :-)).

> P.S. I am running zsh in LP64 mode for quite a long time. This is different,
> as in this case all of off_t, ino_t and long are 8 bytes, so nothing in the
> code changes. May be, if a system supports LP64 we should prefer it to LFS?

I have no idea how to do this.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/