Re: BK & CVS (slightly off-topic)

One thing we may wish to do is to hold off on a decision to use CVS for the
public archive until the BitKeeper 1.0 release occurs (currently estimated
to happen on either September 22nd or October 1st).  I don't yet have any
experience with BitKeeper, but from what I've read, it sounds very nice.  It
will be free to use for Open Source development.

Some of the things that BK proportedly improves are the proper versioning of
moved files (which CVS handles very badly), and better support for
distributed development.

For instance, BK supposedly makes it easy to have several different "lines
of development" in the same archive, e.g. the stable release, the test
release, the up-to-the-moment patch release, and each developer's own
private work area (which is local to their machine).  This is purported to
be much easier to manage than using CVS.

Their website is http://www.bitkeeper.com/ .

I'd be interested in hearing any comments people have on the software.

..wayne..