Re: bashprompt license (was Re: PATCH: prompt fun)

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> That should be fine as is, then; make a note of that somewhere (maybe
> add a Functions/README.prompts file?).  If they ever do get under a GPL
> style license, all we have to do is stop copying them into the dist and
> make people grab & convert them with the perl program.

If we've been supplied with them now by the author (and copyright owner) without the GPL license then we can't be affected by any future change of license that the author chooses to distribute them under. The only thing we couldn't do is incorporate changes that have only been distributed to us under the GPL. I would however agree that it would be wise to include a README to clarify that what we have isn't GPL encumbered.

Oliver Kiddle